We always ask ourselves, if it is cheaper and more energy efficient to leave air conditioning on at a constant temperature around 24 degrees Celsius, or leave the units switched off with a timer kicking in every few hours just to cool the rooms down.
Well, while the jury might be out on that, what is indisputable is that well-maintained air conditioning units, will offer better energy efficiency, helping to lower your DEWA bill and reduce your carbon footprint.
Here are five pointers for you to help keep your A/C in tip top condition.
- Be sure to have periodic maintenance inspections by a reputable facilities management company. This will ensure that the a/c unit is reliable and always operating according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Always ensure the ac unit is always free from any obstructions. Airflow across the coils is of paramount importance to the efficient operation of any a/c unit.
- It is important to be aware and ensure that a suitably qualified company is called if the a/c unit is either noisy, has excessive vibration or is not operating efficiently. A swift response could mitigate further damage and lessen costs related to any spare parts or materials required to effect repairs.
- Always adjust the thermostat control to run the a/c unit at a comfortable but reasonable temperature (usually around 24 degrees). This will ensure that the working life of the unit life is prolonged and result in lower utility bills.
- In the case of a/c in a car it is imperative to run the a/c periodically even during the winter months to ensure that the flexible hoses are sufficiently lubricated for this type of unit.