Terms & Conditions
- H&G under Farnek Services LLC is a limited liability company registered in United Arab Emirates
- Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order for the service. By placing an order on the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Sale with immediate effect.
- We may modify these terms for any reason any time by posting new version on our website. These changes do not affect rights and obligations that arose prior to such changes
- Order Acceptance.Our acceptance of your order will take place when we notify you of our acceptance in writing (e.g. by email or mobile messaging). If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing or through a call and will not charge you for the product.
- Payment.By placing an order, you authorize us or our third-party payment processer to process your credit/debit card details for the amount of your order. We accept payment by,
- credit/debit card;
- via your wallet; or
- cash on delivery (an amount not exceeding AED 2,500)
- In order to authorize credit/debit card payments, we may be required to create an account for you with our third-party payment processors, including accepting their standard terms and conditions and submitting your details to them on your behalf. You hereby authorize us to do so and we shall not be liable to you for any damage or loss you may incur as a result.
- We may remove or add cards or other payment methods that we accept at any time without prior notice to you.
- Cancelling Order.You may cancel your order immediately prior to 1 hour of scheduled service for any reason.
- Our Cancellation.We may cancel your order(s) if:
- You do not make any payment to us when it is due;
- . you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the service; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the service products to you ; or
DELIVERY OF YOUR ORDER
- Delivery Costs.The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our Site.
- Delivery Date.This information will be displayed to you on our Site.
- Delivery Delays:
- if our supply of the services is delayed by an event outside of our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimize the effect of the delay;
- if no one is available at your address to take service, we will notify you of how to reschedule the service date ;
- If you do not contact for rescheduling or if, after a failed visit to you, you do not reschedule the service date, we will contact you for further instructions. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or reschedule the service, we will cancel your order.
- Invoice.We will issue an electronic invoice for your purchase and send such invoice to the email address you provided to us.
- Contacting us (arrange a Cancellation).You may contact us through email, social media or live chat on the Site, or by calling our call center on 8004 2634 (UAE).
- Your Refund:For services not delivered, you will receive a full refund if you cancel the order before 2 hours of scheduled date of service delivery;
- Refund Procedure.We will issue a refund to you depending on the method you used for payment, as follows:
- if you paid by cash on delivery, we will issue a refund to your wallet; or
- If you paid by credit/debit card, you can choose to have a refund by credit/debit card or to your wallet.
- Refund Timescale.Your refund will be initiated once your cancellation request is received in our customer care center, and the final refund will be received by you as follows:
- if the refund is to your credit/debit card, within thirty (30) days from the day on which we receive the notification in our customer care center;
- if your refund is to your wallet, you will receive the refund immediately after your cancellation request is received back in our customer care center ; or
- If you have cancelled your order before 2hours of the scheduled date and time, an automated refund will be provided back to you.
Property Access and Owner/Tenant Responsibility During On-Site Work
- A responsible person, whether this be the property owner, or a representative of the property owner, should enable access to the property as agreed/scheduled, and be present at the property for the duration of the time spent at the property by H&G staff.
- If an H&G Team is attending a scheduled and confirmed callout appointment on time, and cannot gain access to the property, H&G will consider the callout works as fulfilled, and will charge for the work accordingly. Inability to access the property maybe due to the customer not being available to provide access or, on arrival, the customer postpones the appointment.
Cancellation of Scheduled PPM Appointments
If a customer confirms a schedule for a PPM, and cancels a scheduled appointment less than 72 hours in advance of the scheduled date/time, the PPM will be treated as ‘consumed’. Should the customer wish to reschedule a ‘consumed’ PPM, there will be an additional administration fee of AED 200, to compensate for the lost time of the designated PPM team.
Liability for Losses
In the highly unlikely event that representatives of H&G have given cause for suspicion that customer’s personal belongings have been interfered with, or removed from the property, and this is brought to the attention of the management, H&G will conduct a full investigation to ascertain the facts. H&G shall not be held responsible or liable for any losses of personal items/personal property, should the investigation find that there is no evidence that the loss is attributable to H&G. Tenants/owners should always secure high value items.
Standard prices are valid for the areas represented in the H&G website only. Prices for other areas are quotation-based.
Callout Response Times
H&G is committed to attending to callouts, whether these be emergency or non-emergency, according to the response times set out in the contract/H&G website/promotional literature. H&G will not be held responsible for any damage (including that caused by water or fire) to the customer’s property, in the intervening time between the receipt of the callout request by the customer, and the arrival of the H&G team.
Where a system/equipment is malfunctioning, H&G would investigate whether or not the malfunction was attributable to the work carried out by H&G. If this was the case, H&G would fix the equipment at no charge to the customer. However, where H&G recommends a new replacement part/unit, e.g. an AC motor, and the customer will not provide approval, insisting instead on a repair and, subsequently, the unit fails, H&G will not be held responsible for any malfunction or subsequent damage caused to the property/assets.
Limited Liability for Damage to Property/Assets
During the contract period, should any damage to the customer’s property/assets be found to be attributable to work carried out by H&G, and/or failure to carry out contracted maintenance, the financial liability to H&G will be limited to the value of the works, to a maximum value of AED 5,000, or the value of the settled insured amount.
H&G strongly recommends that a home/property insurance plan is in place to cover any damage caused to the property through water leakage, fire, and/or malfunctioning equipment/system, and will support the customer with repair/remediation quotations.
Use of Scaffold or Electric Lifting Equipment and Safety Issues
The use of scaffold or lifting equipment to reach assets, which cannot be reached by normal ladders, will be charged to the customer as an additional fee to the contract fee, unless this fee is specified as included in the contract fee. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that there is clear access for H&G to erect the scaffold/lifting equipment. H&G will not access locations in the premises if there is a safety issue which can put our staff at risk. H&G will help the customer to try and find a solution to accessing these types of inaccessible locations.
Materials, Consumables and Spare Parts
Materials, consumables and spare parts are subject to availability in the UAE. Those items that are required to complete a job that are not listed in the H&G stock lists will be charged at the cost price plus 15%. A list of H&G inclusive items can be provided on request. Spare parts, consumables, and materials are all chargeable for Basic contracts.
Provision of Incorrect Information by the Customer
If the information on the property provided by the customer is incorrect, eg. the number of rooms in the property, the non-inclusion of relevant maid or driver rooms, the wrong size of water tanks or swimming pools etc., H&G will have the right to revise the price charged to the customer accordingly.
Condition of Property Systems when taking out a Contract
If the AC, electrical, and plumbing systems at the property have not been maintained, resulting in substandard condition, H&G will provide a proposal for initial corrective maintenance before starting the Annual Maintenance Contract. These costs will be charged separately and, therefore, are not included in the H&G annual contract fee.
Payment Agreements for One-Off Renovation Projects
For project jobs the following payment terms apply
- For project works that are quoted at AED 5,000 or less, 100% of the fee is payable in advance of the works being undertaken
- For project works that are quoted at more than AED 5,000 up to AED 20,000:
- 70% of the fee is payable in advance of the works being undertaken
- 20% of the fee is payable when work is in progress
- 10% of the fee is payable on completion of the job
- For major projects, the payment terms will form part of a separate contractual agreement.
Changing a Contract
Making changes to an existing contract is possible after every fourth month. The following conditions apply: For a contract upgrade, e.g. from ‘basic’ to ‘standard’, there is no further charge
- For transfer of the contract to a different property location, there is no charge if the new property is of a similar type
- For transfer of the contract to a different property location, where the new property is of a different type, and a survey needs to be conducted, there is a one-off charge of AED 350
- For transfer of the contract to another tenant/owner at the same property, there is a one-off administration fee of AED 100
Cancellation of a Contract by a Customer
Where the customer wishes to cancel the contract, a 30 days’ notice to be provided in writing to H&G at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- H&G will refund 80% of the paid value of the remaining period of the contract from the date services have been stopped.
- The refund will be issued out as a transferable value voucher for H&G services.
Contract Auto Renewal
Upon expiration, this agreement shall automatically renew for a period of one year.
Cancellation of a Contract by H&G
Failure to promptly settle invoice charges may result in either suspension or discontinuation of all services provided in the maintenance contract.
Excessive Non-Emergency Call Out Consumption
When a contract is ‘active’, H&G will attend all callouts, and of course, Executive contracts benefit from unlimited callouts.
However, in the course of the annual contract, if the total number of non-emergency (routine) callouts exceeds either 15 callouts for an apartment, or 30 callouts for a villa, H&G will have the right to charge for any additional callouts at a discounted rate for contract customers of AED 175 per callout for 1 hour labour time and additional hours at AED 150 per hour.
Monthly / Quarterly Paying Customers
Monthly paid accounts are only permissible with a registered online credit/debit card. The first planned preventive maintenance service for your AC, electrical, and plumbing systems will be scheduled for month 4 of the contract.
Non-emergency callouts will be restricted for:
- apartments – up to 2 callouts a month
- villas – up to 3 callouts a month
Services to Customers for Expired Contracts
H&G will provide emergency callouts for a maximum of one week after the expiry of the contract, on the proviso that written confirmation of the intention to renew the contract is received from the client.
Expiry of Contracts
After the expiry date of the contract, H&G cannot be held responsible for the condition of the assets at the customer’s premises.
H&G will provide chargeable routine callout services (at AED 175 per 1-hour callout), which can be booked and scheduled through the website, or the H&G Call Centre on 800 42634.
Conversion to an Annual Contract
In the case of a non-contract customer purchasing an annual: ‘basic’, ‘standard’ or ‘executive’ package, within 24 hours of execution of the non-contract callout, the cost of the callout will be issued as a credit to the customer’s new contract account.
Changes to Services and Agreements
Occasionally we may, at our discretion, make changes to our services and agreements. When we make changes to these services/agreements that we consider material, we will notify you via our email service. By continuing to use the H&G service after those changes are made, you are expressing and acknowledging your acceptance of the changes.
Payment for an annual contract will be made in advance through debit or credit card, bank transfer, or cheque using any of the following options:
- Payment of the full annual contract value
- Quarterly or biannual payment (including post-dated cheques made payable to ‘Farnek Services LLC’
Payment for materials or additional works not covered by the contract can be through any of the following options:
- Option 1: Register a credit card on-line and, once we receive your authorization to pay for the above, we will deduct any charges due.
- Option 2: Deposit a refundable credit on your account, from which H&G can deduct charges due. We advise that 10% of the annual contract value be used as the measure for calculating the appropriate deposit. Any credit remaining on your account at the end of the annual contract period will be reimbursed to you in full, or can be carried forward and topped up, if necessary, for the future.
- Option 3: Pay any monies due in advance of the works being undertaken by H&G
If the customer disputes any amount in the invoice, s/he must notify H&G in writing no later than 5 working days, following receipt of the invoice, and both parties shall cooperate in good faith to resolve the issue promptly. If the customer fails to notify H&G that it disputes all or part of an invoice in accordance with this clause, the invoice will be deemed valid and properly presented, unless the customer subsequently establishes that there is a manifest error in the way H&G has calculated the amounts owing under the invoice.
Save for any service credits due, and owing to the client, the client will pay H&G’s invoices in full, without any set-off, deduction, or counter claim.
Where any sum due and owing to H&G under this agreement is not paid in full, or is not paid when due, H&G shall be entitled (without prejudice to any other right or remedy) to suspend performance of its obligations under this agreement, by giving no less than 5 working days’ notice to the customer, stating the ground(s) on which it is intended to suspend performance. The right to suspend performance will cease when the customer makes payment, in full, of the amount due.
This Contract is subject to the laws of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). Any dispute arising out of, or in connection with this Contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity, interpretation or termination, shall be referred for amicable settlement by a nominated senior representative of each Party within ninety (90) days of a Party first giving notice of the dispute. If amicable settlement is not reached within such time period (or longer period agreed in writing by the Parties), it shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the DIFC. In accepting this contract requesting our services, each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the DIFC Courts and waives any objection it may have to disputes arising out of, or in connection with this contract being heard in the Courts of Dubai International Financial Centre, on the grounds that it is an inconvenient forum. This contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the UAE.